cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Heussen" <heus...@rheinland-online.com>
Subject AW: Inserting XML
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:49:16 GMT
Maybe I don't exactly understand your problem. XML documents stored in
database colums you can access using the <esql:get-xml column="name"/>. It
parses the text after loading it from the database and builds valid xml.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xsp/esql.html

If it is no valid xml (just dirty html) you probably have to use the html
generator first. You can cinclude the output of another pipeline matcher in
your xsp page using the cocoon protocol. Try something like the following
(don't even know if it works):

In your XSP page do something like this:

<cinclude:include src="cocoon:/html-include"/>

And in your pipe something like this:

<map:match pattern="html-include">
	<map:generate type="html" src="cocoon:/load-from-db"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="load-from-db">
	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="{a page uses esql:get-string to get
html out of the db}"/>
	<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

Sources: