cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "David Leangen" <david.lean...@konova.com>
Subject Need to include DOCTYPE definition after transform
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:38:50 GMT

Hello!

I am using multiple <map:transform>s in my pipeline. I would like for the
transforms to output the DOCTYPE declaration. I am using v2.1.3.

Generally, my sitemap is something like:

   <map:match pattern="*.html">
     <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="t1.xsl"/>
     <map:transform src="t2.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

After the transform "t1", the intermediate file loses its DOCTYPE.
Therefore, "t2" will not work properly for me.

I read in some mailing list that Cocoon (v??) doesn't support <xsl:output>,
but that this can be done with <?cocoon-process type="xxx"?>. However, I
couldn't find any clear documentation on how to implement this.

Can anybody help me with this?

If you want to know why I need this, keep reading. Otherwise, thanks for
stopping by!

Reason:

I have been having a problem with the id() function in Cocoon, and I've
narrowed down the problem.

It seems that this only occurs when using more than one <map:transform> in
the pipeline. If I only use one transform, then the id() function always
returns an empty string (or NULL, or whatever).

I've also notice that if I do not include a DOCTYPE declaration, even for a
since transform, the same behaviour occurs. So, it seems that the DOCTYPE
definition is absolutely necessary for the id() function to work properly.
At least this is so in my case, since I am using namespaces.

Therefore, when I use multiple transforms, after the first transform, the
DOCTYPE definition gets "erased". Since the DOCTYPE is no longer there, the
id() function will no longer work in my second transform. So, that's why I
need to include it.

Thanks a lot!!

Dave