cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "depub2" <dep...@mxsi.com>
Subject RE: Action to move/copy file from temporary upload directory.
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:04:08 GMT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help... All I want is a way to choose a
filename (absolute or relative to the cocoon sitemap), and
have the uploaded file be placed there. Or, just a mechanism
to move a file once it is uploaded. Any idea of a package
that will handle that? Preferably something that is already
bundled with cocoon2.1.2 or 2.1.3.  I still do not
understand why the upload functionality I can see bundled
with cocoon deletes the file after the request completes and
the demo has no example that does something simple and
useful like I mention here... what were they thinking?

Thanks again,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Schwarz [mailto:saschwarz@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 8:09 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Action to move/copy file from temporary upload
directory.

Hi David,
You don't have to go to "custom". There have been a number
of posts about
file uploading (also on wiki) so you can just plug someone
else's an action
or XSP into your sitemap without cutting any new code. So
you just have to
choose which "copy-file" action's/XSP features you need/want
and use the
appropriate (for you) implementation.

I think there hasn't been a default implementation because
most uploads are
post processed in some way before they are persisted. In
those cases the
developer might put all the post processing into a single
cusom
action/XSP(?).

HTH,
Steve

>THE QUESTION IS: How do I move/copy the file without
>dropping into some custom java code or xsp? Isn't there a
>cocoon action like "copy-file"? Do I really have to drop
all
>the way down to custom java/xsp to do something simple like
>move a file?

_____
Let the new MSN Premium Internet Software make the most of
your high-speed
experience.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1

For additional commands, e-mail: