cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <saschw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems compiling action
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 03:20:00 GMT

>>4. The error message I am getting is : tcsh: ./build-action.sh: Permission
>>denied.
>>
>>what am I doing wrong here?
>
>Isn't this obvious? On any file or directory that is touched you have not
>the permission to touch it, maybe build-action.sh itself. It's not a
>problem with compilation or Cocoon, simply with the file system.
>
>Joerg

Get a hold of a UNIX shell intro... if you are just learning this won't be
your last question along this line :^)

The script probably doesn't have execute permission try:
ls -l build-action.sh
probably shows
-rw-r--r-- build-action.sh

to fix this give it execute permission:
chmod +x build-action.sh

HTH
Steve

p.s. you could just softlink your action sources under Cocoon's and use the
Cocoon build script. Or even better is to use the sunBow plugin for Eclipse
which does everything for you once you set it up.