cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <saschw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems compiling action
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:42:02 GMT
Yoshi,
It all depends how many iterations you need to make an action work; how
complex the action is, how many actions you have. Softlinking is the the
"quick and dirty"approach and puts your compiled code into the deployed
cocoon class structure (or even jar file if that is what you want); it's a
no-brainer from a cocoon build/configuration perspective. This was the
approach I was using when I only had a couple actions and was "trying out"
cocoon. Then choose the build.sh option you really need to minimize the work
done.

Just put your class structure under cocoon/src/java and the build/ant
scripts will do the right thing when you perform build.sh with your argument
of choice. i.e. build.sh compile

i.e. if your class is com.mine.acting.FileUpload.java just put it under the
cocoon/src/java tree:
~/cocoon-2.1/src/java/com/mine/acting/FileUpload.java

or if you have your files in /home/yoshi/java/com/mine/acting
cd  ~/cocoon-2.1/src/java
ln -s ~/java/com .

I'm using Eclipse now and have my project put its compiled classes into the
WEB-INF/classes tree when it compiles, together with the sunBow extensions
it makes working with Cocoon a lot easier.

Hope this helps,
Steve