cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "nesto11\@libero\.it" <nest...@libero.it>
Subject Authentication framework problem
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:15:13 GMT
Hi all!
I have a problem with the authentication framework.

I have the user information (in this case username/password and other info) in a remote MySQL
database, for which I have already set a connection pool in Cocoon (2.1.3).
I have two ways for doing such user authentication:
1) writing a simple action that checks the user parameters (username/password) provided through
a web form, with those stored in the database. Here the problem, for me, is to write java
code that reuse the connection pool set for other pipelines (but at a transform level). I
have no idea...

2) customize the authentication resource, to use the existing authentication framework. But
Where can I add the custom code that queries my database? Do I Have to change only the AuthAction
class?

Please give some hint, or better (If you can) some code example.

Thank you a lot, and... sorry for my english ;-)

Bye,
Nesto