cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Morley Howell" <morle...@cogeco.ca>
Subject RE: HTTP Post using XML
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:39:09 GMT
Chris,

When you say that the servlets want an XML document in the request body,
what exactly are they expecting? Are they expecting a POST with enctype
'multipart/form-data', like from a file upload form? Or are they expecting a
POST with enctype 'text/xml', with the XML being read directly from the
Request InputStream?

Morley

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Chesney [mailto:cchesney@go-integral.com]
Sent: Thursday January 22, 2004 11:44 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: HTTP Post using XML

Morley,

Yes, the servlets expect the data to be passed via an HTTP POST.  I was not
aware that the CInclude Transformer could be used for an HTTP POST, so thank
you for pointing that out.  However, I don't think it would work in my case,
if I'm reading it right.  It looks like you can specify XML in a parameter,
but it doesn't allow you to specify an XML document to be sent as the
request body of the POST, correct?

Chris