cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Morley Howell" <morle...@cogeco.ca>
Subject Losing XML data in the pipeline
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:29:47 GMT
Hi all,

I've written a DOM-based Transformer that subclasses AbstractDOMTransformer
(ADT), and a fragment of the incoming XML data is being dropped. Here's a
portion of the incoming XML:

<Request xmlns:session="http://apache.org/cocoon/session/1.0">
      <AttributeValue>users/user1/roles.xml</AttributeValue>
</Request>

The DOM document generated by the ADT is changing the value of the
AttributeValue tag above to 'users/user1/', ie. it has stripped off the
'roles.xml' part.

I did some debugging through the source, and here are the SAX events that
the ADT receives, starting at the AttributeValue tag:

startElement(): AttributeValue
characters(): users/user1/
setDocumentLocator()
characters(): roles.xml
endElement(): AttributeValue

Anyone know what's going on here? Is there some restriction around embedding
XML file names in XML? Or is there some limitation or bug involved here?

I'm running Cocoon 2.1.3, W2K, j2re 1.4.1_02, Tomcat 4.1.27.

Thanks,

Morley