cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Horsfield, Peter A." <peter.horsfi...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: Link Livesites: Cocoon 2.1 - Offline Generated Site
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:01:17 GMT
Hmmm, thats a great idea!

Thanks, I'll look into this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Upayavira [mailto:uv@upaya.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 6:47 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Link Livesites: Cocoon 2.1 - Offline Generated Site

Peter Horsfield wrote:

>Hi Upayavira, everyone:
>
>I did manage to put together a quick article about
>generating offline sites using Cocoon (hurrah!). I'd
>hoped to have had some more specifics about
>GrumpyKitty.biz, but I didn't quite get there in time.
>Maybe next weekend.
>
>So for more information about generating offline
>sites, especially under Windows, head on over to
>
>     http://xml.grumpykitty.biz/
>
>If anyone would like to add content from this article
>dated January 18th to the Wiki then they are more than
>welcome. As always, comments are welcome.

Peter,

Wow. That's quite some stuff you've got working there. I'm impressed.

If you ever think of simplifying it, there are some things that you
might do....

The new Cocoon Ant task would allow you to use Apache Ant as an
environment to run Cocoon. Ant has inbuilt tasks for FTP, SCP and other
such uploading methods, and has code for using checksums to workout
which pages have changed so that you only upload changed pages. I
suspect that with that, you could build a much simpler method for
uploading your site that would work across a range of OSes.

Regards, Upayavira