cocoon-users mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject role-based access to pages and parts of pages - ideas?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:30:15 GMT
Hi,

Could anyone of you give some URLs or ideas about the best way to handle
role-based access to pages and parts of pages?

I reworked the authentication-fw flow example into my webapp, so now I have
some user information available in a session. I added the protect() function
to all pipelines that need protection and I'm able to include parts of pages
based on the role of the user.

I could of course modify protect() to check the role and decide whether the
page can be accessed or not, but I feel I'm spreading the authorization
information throughout the application and I'd prefer to keep it together.

Any ideas?

Bye,

Helma van der Linden