cocoon-users mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: Sudden difference in interpretation of #160 - bug?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:25:21 GMT
Hi,

> That's the UTF-8 encoding for the NBSP U+00A0. I don't see any problem
> here.

Right.

> notice the added
> > metatag encoding iso-8859-1.
>
> That's the problem, or one of the problems (the other is the
> encoding in the
> HTTP headers). All you have to do is to track down where it
> comes from.

:-) It's either the serializer or the browser. I've also checked all places
in both /cocoon/sitemap.xmap and /cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml for iso 8859
encoding, but all are either default utf8 or changed into utf8. Can you tell
me where else to look/check?

As I wrote in the <this thread> - update post: I thought it might be Tomcat
4.1.29, but the problem also occurs using the jetty server.

> Also normal for a UTF-8 encoding. Note that characters in the
> Unicode range
> U+0080..U+00FF are encoded as 2 bytes (I think the range is
> actually larger).

Right.

Bye and thanks, Helma