cocoon-users mailing list archives

From beyaRecords - The home Urban music <...@beya-records.com>
Subject Re: Problems compiling action
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:33:56 GMT
Hi,
I have managed to get sort out the permissions issue with the .sh file,
but now I am getting the following error message when trying to build
an action. I understand what the error is, but don't understand why the
variables being used by the classpath are not being acted on.

1. build-action.sh, using ./build-action.sh charcounteraction.java

echo
echo "Build Starting......."
echo "--------------------------"

export CATALINA_HOME="/Library/Tomcat"

export JAR_DIR=$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/web-inf/lib
export CLASS_DIR=$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/web-inf/classes

export CP=$JAR_DIR/avalon-excalibur-vm12-20020705.jar
export CP=$CP:$JAR_DIR/avalon-framework-20020627.jar
export CP=$CP:$JAR_DIR/cocoon-2.0.3.jar
export CP=$CP:$JAR_DIR/logkit-20020529.jar

echo "now compiling java doc..."
echo $CP

javac -d $CLASS_DIR -classpath $CP:$CLASSPATH $1

2. The output I am getting is as follows:

Build Starting.......
--------------------------
now compiling java doc...
/Library/Tomcat/webapps/cocoon/web-inf/lib/avalon-excalibur-vm12
-20020705.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/cocoon/web-inf/lib/avalon-
framework-20020627.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/cocoon/web-inf/lib/
cocoon-2.0.3.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/cocoon/web-inf/lib/logkit
-20020529.jar
charcounteraction.java:3: package
org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters does not exist
import org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.Parameters;
                                               ^
charcounteraction.java:4: package org.apache.avalon.framework.thread
does not exist
import org.apache.avalon.framework.thread.ThreadSafe;
                                           ^
charcounteraction.java:5: package org.apache.cocoon does not exist
import org.apache.cocoon.Constants;
                          ^
charcounteraction.java:6: package org.apache.cocoon.environment does
not exist
import org.apache.cocoon.environment.ObjectModelHelper;
                                      ^
charcounteraction.java:7: package org.apache.cocoon.environment does
not exist
import org.apache.cocoon.environment.Redirector;
                                      ^
charcounteraction.java:8: package org.apache.cocoon.environment does
not exist
import org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request;
                                      ^
charcounteraction.java:9: package org.apache.cocoon.environment does
not exist
import org.apache.cocoon.environment.SourceResolver;
                                      ^
charcounteraction.java:10: package org.apache.cocoon.acting does not
exist
import org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractAction;
                                 ^
charcounteraction.java:16: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class AbstractAction
location: class test.CharCounterAction
public class CharCounterAction extends AbstractAction implements
ThreadSafe
                                        ^
charcounteraction.java:16: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ThreadSafe
location: class test.CharCounterAction
public class CharCounterAction extends AbstractAction implements
ThreadSafe
                                                                  ^
charcounteraction.java:18: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Redirector
location: class test.CharCounterAction
         public Map act ( Redirector redirector, SourceResolver resolver,
                          ^
charcounteraction.java:18: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SourceResolver
location: class test.CharCounterAction
         public Map act ( Redirector redirector, SourceResolver resolver,
                                                 ^
charcounteraction.java:19: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Parameters
location: class test.CharCounterAction
                                          Map objectModel, String
source, Parameters param) throws Exception

  ^
charcounteraction.java:21: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Request
location: class test.CharCounterAction
                 Request request =
ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel);
                 ^
charcounteraction.java:21: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable ObjectModelHelper
location: class test.CharCounterAction
                 Request request =
ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel);
                                   ^
charcounteraction.java:35: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getLogger ()
location: class test.CharCounterAction
                 getLogger().debug("CharCounterAction: word is " + word);
                 ^
charcounteraction.java:36: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getLogger ()
location: class test.CharCounterAction
                 getLogger().debug("CharCounterAction: word length is "
+ chars);
                 ^
17 errors

regards