cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: "not so many levels" error?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:01:33 GMT

On Jan 14, 2004, at 3:03 PM, Tony Collen wrote:

> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> I have this (verbatim) in my sitemap:
>>         <map:match pattern="*">
>>           <map:parameter name="foo" value="{1}"/>
>>         </map:match>
>> ...and I see:
>>     Error while evaluating '{1}' : not so many levels
>> So what am I not getting?
>
> Humm,, with that syntax you are sending the parameter to the matcher.

D'oh!

I know exactly what that syntax does when I'm *trying* to do something
like that :-)

>  Are you actually trying to send the parameter to a generator?

No, I'm not.  What I really wanted to do was to capture one of the
matches into a parameter that I could then reference later on.

For one thing, I was confusing 'parameter' a la <map:parameter> with
the parameters in the Map object returned by matchers and actions...

But is there a way to do what I was trying to do?

thanks,
~ML