cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tu...@vuw.ac.nz>
Subject RE: Why a Selector is evaluated at beginning of pipeline? (was: sitemap logic depending on pipeline content)
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 01:07:02 GMT
Selectors, Matchers etc are all executed at pipeline SETUP time.

Then, after the pipeline has been built, the pipeline is executed and the generator, transformers,
and serializer run.

The reason is explicitly to rule out what you want to do: a previous version of Cocoon used
a pattern called "reactor", but this was discarded.

See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/index.html#Cocoon+1

Cheers

Con