cocoon-users mailing list archives

From 新居雅行 <m...@msyk.net>
Subject Re-HTML Generator and UTF-8 encoding
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:18:16 GMT
"David Leangen" <david.leangen@konova.com> at 2004/1/25 11:29:09
  ---"HTML Generator and UTF-8"
> I am having a bit of a problem when trying to output UTF-8 encoded
> (Japanese) html directly through. Everything works fine when I use the
> default File generator. The problem only occurs when using the HTML
> generator.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

I'm constructing Japanese site now by Cocoon 2.1.3. Cocoon uses JTidy for converting
the html source file. But JTidy maybe can't process Japanese html files correctly,
Shift_JIS or UTF-8 and so on.

Tidy can convert the Japanese html files to XHTML files. So, I decided to convert
the all site files to XHTML, and realized by Tidy binary. File Generator in
Cocoon is work fine for XHTML. And serializing is desirable xhtml rather than
html.

The following is the part of my sitemap.xmap.

    <map:match pattern="*.html">
      <map:generate type="file" src="...xhtml file..." />
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="...xslt file..."/>
      <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
    </map:match>

> PS - If this message goes through more than once, sorry about that! :-(

Sorry, I sent only to you, and re-send to ml.