cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Chesney" <cches...@go-integral.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Post using XML
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 04:44:16 GMT
Morley,

Yes, the servlets expect the data to be passed via an HTTP POST.  I was not aware that the
CInclude Transformer could be used for an HTTP POST, so thank you for pointing that out.
However, I don't think it would work in my case, if I'm reading it right.  It looks like you
can specify XML in a parameter, but it doesn't allow you to specify an XML document to be
sent as the request body of the POST, correct?

Chris

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Morley Howell [mailto:morley-h@cogeco.ca]
	Sent: Thu 1/22/2004 10:26 PM
	To: users@cocoon.apache.org
	Subject: RE: HTTP Post using XML

	Chris,

	I'm assuming from the title of your message that the servlets you're talking
	about expect to have data passed to them in an HTTP POST? If so, the only
	way I know of to do a POST from Cocoon is with the CInclude transformer.
	Check out the 'advanced' section of this page:

	http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/cinclude-transformer.html

	There may be other ways to do a POST from Cocoon, but this is the only one I
	know. Anyone else?

	Morley