cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: R: newbie has problems installing cocoon
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:45:09 GMT
On 30.01.2004 14:38, Guy Worthington wrote:

> As you can see I'm at a lower level than even the first tutorial.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I think the tutorial "How to develop Web
> Applications" is well crafted, and if I let my eyes go out of focus so
> I'm not reading the detail I can follow its logic.  It's just too
> advanced at present.
>
> What I'd really like is to start at the start with the big picture
> (and maybe even a big picture) with some theory covering from the time
> the client sends its request to the time it receives the final
> published document from Cocoon.
>
> And was hoping that such a beginner's resource existed either in the
> documentation or in the Wiki.

Maybe it's not that obvious but you didn't started with the most simple
thing we have. In general you should first start with the User Guide at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/index.html. For people standing in
front of the documentation jungle we have also added the tracks
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/tracks/index.html). Though they might be a
bit terse they can show you at least a way to go.

Joerg