cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Best Practice Woody + Database ?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:32:13 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Philippe Guillard dijo:
>
>>Is anybody can tell me more about best practices in associating Woody
>>and Database create/updates ?
>>
>>Seems that the choice is between :
>>1. ModDB actions + Woody without flowscript but actions
>>2. XSP/ESQL + Woody with flowscript
>
>   3. OJB + Woody + Flow

I have to agree here with Antonio.  I finally got my first microscopic OJB app working, and
I can't
wait to hook it into Cocoon!

The separation that Woody and the Flow have allows me to develop my backend code completely
separate
from everything else.  At first, this idea seems purely academic.  But once you see that you
can
create a lightweight wrapper for OJB and then access it directly from the Flow, the lights
turn on
and the gears start turning ;)

Tony