cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Re: Control the formatting of seriazlied xhtml?
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:11:04 GMT
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> That's no surprise. The XSLT processor strips all whitespace only
> text nodes from the stylesheet, therefore the space between the
> "</i18n:text>" tag and "<span" goes away.

The problem I'm trying to solve isn't this, it is the fact that when I
use indenting with the XMLSerializer, the closing tag for the anchor
element is on a different line than the opening tag.  This produces the
"underline longer than text" artifact on the rendered page.

> Indenting may insert significant whitespace on its own and should never
> be used for producing XHTML.

I'm not after fully indented pages, just something that produces legible
code.  Setting the XMLSerializer to indent does a pretty good job,
except for the case I described above.

-steve