cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon not liking JSP under Weblogic 7
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:01:29 GMT
I have no experience with Weblogic so I'm just guessing ...

On 22.01.2004 21:06, Campeau, Bradford wrote:

> I'm having problems getting JSP pages that produce XML dynamically to be
> transformed under Weblogic 7. The problem seems to be that the
> jsp-engine (org.apache.cocoon.components.jsp.JSPEngineImplWLS) was
> written for Weblogic 5.1 and references
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl on lines 124 and 168. This
> class no longer exists under Weblogic 7, and I'm having a difficult time
> figuring out what replaced it. When I try to load any JSP page under
> cocoon that produces XML, I get:
>
> As a result, when any JSP pages are run, the following error is
> produced:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> weblogic/servlet/internal/ServletContextImpl

If it does no longer exist, then that error occurs as expected. The JSP
block is compiled against Weblogic mock classes including

You should not access it via http:, but only point to the file.

> type="jsp"/>
>     <!-- TRANSFORM GOES HERE -->
>      <map:transform src="ahxml/xsl/featured_department.xsl">
>         <map:parameter name="contextPath"
> value="{request:contextPath}"/>
>       </map:transform>
>      <map:serialize type="html"/>
> </map:match>
>
> I have modified the cocoon.xconf to use my.roles with:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <role-list>
>   <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.jsp.JSPEngine"
>     shorthand="jsp-engine"
>     default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.jsp.JSPEngineImplWLS"/>
> </role-list>

Maybe you do not longer need Weblogic specific JSPEngine. Can you try
the standard JSPEngine with or the JSPEngine using a dispatcher.

> The software in use here is weblogic 7 with JDK 1.3, and Cocoon 2.1.2.
>
> Any help or experience with this would be appreciated.

Just comments, but maybe it helps.

Joerg