cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Actions+SourceResolver
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:34:26 GMT
On 23.01.2004 10:37, enrico.maccias@free.fr wrote:

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>How can I resolve the location of the file when configuring an action (in
>>the configure() method)? Should I use a SourceResolver?
>>>

> So, how do I get a SourceResolver instance in the configure().
> Use a ServiceableAction and ask the manager? but does the service()
> method really get called before configure() ?
>
> any other direct solution?

http://avalon.apache.org/framework/principals/lifecycle.html for the
order of the method calls (= lifecycle).

Don't resolve it configure()? Why do you want to do it there? It should
just *configure* the action. You get a source resolver in the act() method:

public Map act (Redirector redirector, *SourceResolver resolver*, Map
objectModel, String src, Parameters par) throws Exception {
}

Joerg