cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: HTML Editor for Woody
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:27:45 GMT
Patrick Hess wrote:
> gounis@osmosis.gr wrote:
>
>> this javascript editor support IE or not yet ?
>> btw linotype sample does not work for a long time
>

> I've tested it on a fresh 2.1.3 yesterday and it worked for me. It
> supports (only) Mozilla because of using the midas editor
> (http://www.mozilla.org/editor/).

It worked (at least partially with IE) in the past and it has always
been the plan to support IE.  I have not looked into this in quite some
time and don't know mozilla editor well, but IIRC midas just creates an
implementation of the contenteditable="true" (or was it
designmode="on"...) and apart from implementation inconsistencies should
in theory work in both browsers.

Still, HTMLArea integration would probably be a popular feature as well.
  They fill different needs.

Geoff