cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Help: Sending Xml from Pipe to Pipe
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:30:34 GMT
Tobias Berlinger wrote:

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>here is my problem, hope someone here can help me.
>>>
>>>i have a pipe which creates a xml like this:
>>>
>>><elements>
>>>  <element name="a">
>>>     <b/>
>>>  </element>
>>>  <element name="b">
>>>     <b/>
>>>  </element>
>>>  <element name="c">
>>>     <b/>
>>>  </element>
>>>  <element name="d">
>>>     <b/>
>>>  </element>
>>></elements>
>>>
>>>now i want to send some element subtrees to a different sub pipes. the
>>>subtree "element" should processed by the subpipe and after processing
>>>the
>>>result of the subpipe should be replaced with the "element" subtree.
>>>
>>>how could i realize this in cocoon? i have tried several ways, but no one
>>>works.
>>>

>>Tobias, If you want help here, I think you're going to have to be more
>>clear. I don't understand what you mean by 'pipe' or 'subpipe'.
>>
>>If you want to transform each element differently, you can just use XLST
>>templates, e.g.:
>>
>><xsl:template match="element[@name='a']">
>>  do something
>></xsl:template>
>>
>><xsl:template match="element[@name='b']">
>>  do something else
>></xsl:template>
>><etc...
>>
>>If you want, you can include these templates in separate files and use
>><xsl:import> or <xsl:include> to import them into your stylesheet.
>>
>>Regards, Upayavira
>>

>hi, thanks for your email.
>
>i want to splitt the xml and run each <elment> through a new cocoon pipe
>(like xinclude).
>
>pipe means for me the processing chain (starting with a
>generator/matcher). from my "main" pipe i want to start several new pipes
>(subpipes). to do this could it be possible to transfer data from pipe A
>to pipe B?. pipe B should be matched not by url, it should be matched by
>the type attribute in the xml snipped (<element type="xxx">).

In cocoon, you can aggregate multiple inputs into a single output, but
you can't split a single input into multiple outputs. It doesn't make
sense in the web request/response paradigm.

If you want four outputs, have one or more pipelines that, called four
times with a different parameter, would give you your four outputs.

>now i hope you can understand my situation better :-)

Still not there yet. Are you wanting to do this within a web page? Or
are you wanting to use Cocoon's functionality outside a web page?

Regards, Upayavira