cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Help: Sending Xml from Pipe to Pipe
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:09:43 GMT
Tobias Berlinger wrote:

>Hi,
>
>here is my problem, hope someone here can help me.
>
>i have a pipe which creates a xml like this:
>
><elements>
>   <element name="a">
>      <b/>
>   </element>
>   <element name="b">
>      <b/>
>   </element>
>   <element name="c">
>      <b/>
>   </element>
>   <element name="d">
>      <b/>
>   </element>
></elements>
>
>now i want to send some element subtrees to a different sub pipes. the
>subtree "element" should processed by the subpipe and after processing the
>result of the subpipe should be replaced with the "element" subtree.
>
>how could i realize this in cocoon? i have tried several ways, but no one
>works.

Tobias, If you want help here, I think you're going to have to be more
clear. I don't understand what you mean by 'pipe' or 'subpipe'.

If you want to transform each element differently, you can just use XLST
templates, e.g.:

<xsl:template match="element[@name='a']">
  do something
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="element[@name='b']">
  do something else
</xsl:template>
<etc...

If you want, you can include these templates in separate files and use
<xsl:import> or <xsl:include> to import them into your stylesheet.

Regards, Upayavira