cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vasyl Stashuk <vas...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Woody showForm and redirection
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:30:05 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> hm, pls explain why you would want to do that, since you will break
> away from the most important pleasures of flowscript!

Consider following example. Our form has repeat widget with some item
list and additional fields for adding items (i.e. item name and submit
button).
User wants to add new item. She enters name and presses the button. Form
become redisplayed and new item appear in the list. If user press 'Refresh'
button on the browser for some reason, a new request for item addition
will be sent. I wan't to avoid it. For this purpose, i want to handle
business logic
of adding new user to the list in separate HTTP request, than rendering
form view.

> in any case showForm additionally places the current form inside the
> flow-context-bizdata under the key 'woody-form' and by default the
> woody-template-transformer or the woody-generator will pick it up there
>
> since you want to have an explicit redirect over the browser you will
> need to put the form somewhere in the session first, and then let the
> woody-transformer or generator have it pick up over there...
>
> see http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyTemplateTransformer
> and search for the explanation of the @location attribute of the
> wt:form-template
>

> but pls be warned: you will enter the hell of session management, and
> loose the benefits of the continuations based approach to control your
> use case. Do make sure that the reason to do that justifies the
> additional effort that is waiting you...

Can I store continuation id in session?

> regards,
> -marc=

thanks,