cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Action to move/copy file from temporary upload directory.
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:01:23 GMT
On 14.01.2004 00:19, depub2 wrote:

>>> I still do not understand why the upload functionality I can see
>>> bundled with cocoon deletes the file after the request completes
>>
>> That was for security reasons. Somebody could upload and upload and
>> upload until your server disk is full - and the server crashes in
>> whatever behaviour.
>
> No capability to move the file was a security feature?

Hey, don't be unfair. You asked why the upload is deleted and I think I
answered your question. Furthermore Guido already pointed to an action:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=107398240509530&w=2
or directly
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/acting/CopySourceAction.java

Joerg