cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: use cocoon classes to do transformations(xml to html)
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:52:21 GMT
MORABET RIAD (BADR) wrote:

>my question is how can i use the Cocoon class to do transformations from xml to html by
hand.because i want to construct a class that do this transformations based on cocoon , i
think that i may use the CocoonServletRequest to wrap a document to an HttpRequest and after
call handle(request,response) to do the transformation.
>I don't have a clear idea about this but can you help me with examples or ideas.
>thank you

Depends what you're trying to achieve. There's two ways:

1) Forget Cocoon, just use TRAX. Look at the code in the TraxTransformer
for an example.
2) Use the CocoonBean. See o.a.cocoon.Main for code that uses it.

It depends upon whether you just want to transform XML (go with 1), or
whether you actually want to use Cocoon's features, e.g. the sitemap
(then go with 2).

Regards, Upayavira