cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [FLOW -Woody] wizard style attempt
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:03:53 GMT
james.lale@internet.lu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Using Cocoon 2.1.4-dev.
>
>my attempt to write a wizard style sequence in Woody is (roughly) as below. Can anyone
confirm I'm on the right track, or if I'll get performance problems later, for instance?

>function mywizard{
>

>var f1 = form.load("form1_model.xml");
>var f2 = form.load("form2_model.xml");
>var f3 = form.load("form3_model.xml");
>
>var step=1;
>
>while(step){
>
>	switch(step){
>
>		case 1:
>			f1.showForm;
>			step=2;
>		case 2:
>			f2.showForm;
>			if (submitId = previous){
>				step=1;
>			}else{
>				step=3;
>			}
>		case 3:
>			f3.showForm;
>			if (submitId = previous){
>				step=2;
>			}else{
>				step=null;
>				cocoon.sendPage("success");
>			}
>
>	}
>
>}
>
>}

Approach is correct - js is wrong (e.g. should be submitId ==
"previous"), but I think you know that.

>Problem: from success page, if user hits Back button on browser, the continuation is still
alive. How can I fix this?
>Qu: I've noticed elsewhere syntax such as
>
>var k = form.showForm...
>k.invalidate();

Invalidate prevents the user from going back to that continuation with
the back button. Thing to note is that a reference to each object is
stored in the continuation, not the object. So if someone changes the
content of an object (e.g. a form), then goes back, they'll see the new
content, not the old.

Make sense?

Regards, Upayavira