cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dan <danl...@porkfriedrice.net>
Subject Re: cache problem
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:56:42 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Dan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm having a cache-related problem but I don't know how to diagnose
>> it. What is happening is that for a few (not all) of my requests,
>> cocoon returns the wrong file. For example, my sitemap entry is:
>>
>> <map:match pattern="docs/*_main.html">
>>    <map:generate src="xml/{1}.xml"/>
>>    <map:transform src="stylesheets/main.xsl"/>
>>    <map:serialize/>
>> </map:match>
>>
>> <map:match pattern="docs/*_main.html">
>>    <map:generate src="xml/{1}.xml"/>
>>    <map:transform src="stylesheets/contacts.xsl"/>
>>    <map:serialize/>
>> </map:match>
>

> I don't understand.
> 1) If a request is cached then none of your pipeline components get
> executed at all
> 2) Given above sitemap fragment (in that order), no request can reach
> the second pipeline because you're matching on the same pattern
> docs/*_main.html.

You're absolutely right. The actual sitemap fragment is more complicated
  so I simplified things when I gave the sample fragments and copied and
pasted too hastily. The second match fragment should match
pattern="docs/*_contacts.html"

> 3) Are you sure you're getting back the data you think you're getting
> back? Try adding debug views so you can verify each step in the pipeline.
> Is upgrading to 2.0.4 an option? Try searching nagoya.apache.org for
> open/solved bugs in the cocoon 2.0 branch, maybe it has come up before.

I already cleared the cache, which solves the problem (temporarily) so I
can't debug with views. I guess I'll have to wait until this behavior
happens again and try that out, but as you say, the pipeline components
don't get executed at all so that wouldn't really help. So I guess I'll
upgrade and if that doesn't help, I'll be searching through the bug
reports. :)

Thanks for your suggestions,

Dan