cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dan <danl...@porkfriedrice.net>
Subject cache problem
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 20:16:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm having a cache-related problem but I don't know how to diagnose it.
What is happening is that for a few (not all) of my requests, cocoon
returns the wrong file. For example, my sitemap entry is:

<map:match pattern="docs/*_main.html">
    <map:generate src="xml/{1}.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/main.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="docs/*_main.html">
    <map:generate src="xml/{1}.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/contacts.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

For a couple of requests, for example requesting /docs/file1_main.html i
get file80.xml with the main.xsl stylesheet applied to it where I should
have gotten file1.xml with main.xsl applied. For some other requests,
cocoon not only returns the wrong file, but applies the wrong
stylesheet. For example requesting /docs/file30_main.html gets me file40
with contacts.xsl stylesheet applied.

This behavior only happens for a requests, but for those requests, it
happens consistently. Most requests are just fine and return what they
should.

I know its a cache problem because I can stop tomcat, delete the cache
directory and restart and the problem goes away. I don't know much about
how caching is implemented so I don't know how to approach this
problem.  I figure someone has seen it before though, so any pointers
would be appreciated.  The problem seems to happen after the application
has been running for a while and its cache file gets big. When I last
saw this problem, the cocoon-cache.dat file was approximately 900MB.
Clearing the cache when this happens is not a real solution as the xml
files I'm using are quite big and having things cached is a big
performance bonus.

My app is based on Cocoon 2.0.3 and is running under Tomcat 4.1.18.

Thanks,
Dan