cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Hess <p...@pbone.biz>
Subject Re: FOP: using fo:external-graphic with SVG
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:32:47 GMT
J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Is there a DOCTYPE in the SVG, or does the SVG reference other images?
> The "No ImageReader" is a kind of catch-all. It seems the SVG reader
> gets an error during parsing the SVG or while determining the image
> size.
> Delete any DOCTYPE (but keep the SVG and perhaps XLINK namespaces),
> add an heigth and width to the top-level element, and use absolute
> file path for referenced bitmaps.

Thanks for your reply. I tried removing the DOCTYPE and checked the
width/height - no change... There are no external bitmaps... And
rendering to JPG/PNG works fine.

The file was exported from Adobe Illustrator -- is there someone with
some expirience on using Illustrator's SVG in Cocoon/FOP? I will try to
create a simple SVG by hand to see if it's related to the exported SVG.

Patrick