cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FOP: using fo:external-graphic with SVG
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:31:59 GMT
Patrick Hess wrote:
> I've spent the whole day trying to generate a PDF which uses an external
> SVG file (logo). After lots of path issues I'm now stuck with this
> exceptions in the logs (PDF is created but image is missing complete):
>

>   Could not load external SVG: null (logged 2 times)
>
>   Error while creating area : No ImageReader for this type of image
>   (file:/C:/cocoon/app/puek/svg/logo.svg) (also logged 2 times)
>

> The SVG and XSL used for this have been developed using the command line
> processing FOP and works fine there.

Is there a DOCTYPE in the SVG, or does the SVG reference other images?
The "No ImageReader" is a kind of catch-all. It seems the SVG reader
gets an error during parsing the SVG or while determining the image
size.
Delete any DOCTYPE (but keep the SVG and perhaps XLINK namespaces),
add an heigth and width to the top-level element, and use absolute
file path for referenced bitmaps.

J.Pietschmann