cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: PATCH: RawRequestParameterModule
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:19:13 GMT
joakim verona wrote:
> Thanks Chris,
>
> As you might suspect I'm new to the cocoon internals and will try to
> make a better patch according to your comment.
>
> Some other questions:
> - Do you think it should still be "RawRequestParameterModule" or should
> it be a new module?

not sure. maybe just use JXPathMetaModule (see below)

> - I guess I dont understand how this module would be used in an Upload
> scenario. Do you have any pointers?

pls look into the samples/databases/mod-db/file-upload-blob.xsp one

when using just existing modules for encoded request parameter "bar":

  <component-instance
     class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.JXPathMetaModule"
     logger="core.mdules.input" name="request-encoder">
     <input-module name="request"/>
     <function name="java.net.URLEncoder" prefix="urlEncoder"/>
  </component-instance>

   <map:parameter name="foo"
     value="{request-encoder:urlEncoder:encode(getParameter(.,'bar'))}"/>

might work as well. (note: I haven't checked if this actually works, it
shouldn't be far off, though)

	Chris.