cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "John L. Webber" <John.Web...@jentro.com>
Subject Re: books on cocoon
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:02:13 GMT
I think the problem is, Cocoon is moving ahead so rapidly, any book is
out of date as soon as it is published.  I agree about the Cocoon
Developer's Handbook; it wasn't a bad introduction, but most of the
advice is outdated.

I just started plowing through Michael Kay's XSLT 2nd Edition; it's the
best XSLT/XPath book I've found yet, though definitely not a book for
reading cover to cover in one sitting.

John

Brian McCallister wrote:

> FWIW, I don't know of any Cocoon books that reflect current
> recommended Cocoon practices. At ApacheCon I had the big purple Sams
> book recommended, but I happen to have it, and wish I didn't as it is
> basically how-to-do-things-in-xsp-that-shouldn-'t-be-done-in-xsp =)
>
> I have found that, by far, the online Cocoon docs far surpass any
> available books. The wiki is good as well, but it suffers from wiki-now.
>
> As for transforms, the Wrox XSLT reference was recommended here by
> several people. I have the Ken Holman's /Definitive XSLT and XPath/
> and it has been able to answer all of my questions.
>
> -Brian

 Jentro Technologies GmbH
 John L. Webber, Software Development
 Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 M√ľnchen
 Tel. +49 89 189 169 80     mailto:John.Webber@jentro.com
 Fax  +49 89 189 169 99     http://www.jentro.com