cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: XSL template from database
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:29:06 GMT
Christian Haul wrote:
> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>
>> You could make a custom transformer that reads the stylesheet from the
>

> This is not necessary. One could use the cocoon: protocol when
> specifying the source for the stylesheet. Next, a pipeline for the
> stylesheet is needed that consists only of the database reader et voilĂ .
>
> And if you don't like the extra pipeline, consider creating a source for
> relational databases.

Also, you'll want to look into caching this result for performance
reasons.  Caching database driven results can be a tricky thing, of
course.  Look into the "eventcache" block if you're using 2.1 for one
option.  The other is to roll your own system - see caching xsp example
if you're using xsp.  As things stand, I don't think there's an easy
caching solution for readers, so you may need to use a simple
generate->serialize pipeline for your stylesheet.

Geoff