cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Python Script Generator
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:52:53 GMT
Can you collect your knowledge with the PythonGenerator in a wiki page
or in an official documentation that will committed to the CVS?

Thanks,

Joerg

On 19.12.2003 12:38, Laurent Mauron wrote:
> After looking at the ScriptGenerator.java source, I found the solution...
> Here is a sample..
>
> #get output string buffer
> output      = bsf.lookupBean( "output" )
>
> #Get the Parameters object
> parameters   = bsf.lookupBean("parameters")
>

> #get the value of the "param_1" parameter defined in the sitemap
> print parameters.getParameter("param_1")
>
> #output a dummy message
> output.append("<msg>Hello World</msg>")
>

> Laurent

in the console. Now, how do I interact with cocoon, that is

>   1) getting parameters from the sitemap in the script
>   2) generating xml for cocoon
>
>   I have the feeling it has to do with the bsf object but again I couldn't find any example
of how it can be done. I know there was a sample in the 2.0.4 version but it disappeared in
2.1. Where can I find it?

>   Thanks,
>
>   Laurent

is no sample available in the distribution and after hours of googling I still haven't found
an example. Could someone points me to the right direction?