cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Looking for data persistance method recommendation
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:37:34 GMT
mirko dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>  > ...
>> I think it is a good idea to have 2 classes from the SoC point of view.
>> The employee.class are the data (a bean). The employeeImpl.class is the
>> model in the MVC paradigm.
>  > ...
>
> Sorry but I thougt model=data in MVC. Then separating it is just strange
> for me. You have situations where you have two objects that represents
> the same domain object.

I don't see it as you suggested. For me, Model= businnes logic. Businnes
logic involves manipulation of data (a bean) and the bean are data that
fly between Controller (Flow) and View (Woody).

In our case we prefer to have all the model written in Java and the
Controller just make calls to the model.

The model is separated in 2 types of classes: Beans and Handlers. The flow
interact directly to handlers.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.