cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Installation for Dummies
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:32:30 GMT
Roman Dietrich dijo:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit stuck with the installation of Cocoon. I've tried
> for more than 20 times with various versions of
> "tomcat", "java-versions" and "cocoon(2.0/2.1)".
> => I have given up a bit.

Hi Roman:

I am using Jav Sun SDK 1.4.2_03, Tomcat 4.1.29 and Cocoon 2.1.4-dev (CVS).

But you can also use Cocoon 2.1.3 (download from the website).

> Now I would just like to know if it is possible, to make
> a really big tar-file with an actual version of cocoon and
> a tomcat (if it is possible, even with a sun-java-version)
> and put it on the cocoon-site so all the dummies like me
> who get totally stuck can just download and unzip ...
> and that's it.

This is not posible due some licence restrictions. Mainly on the
redistribution of the Java Sun SDK. Also because there could be
potentially many diferent builds that depends on what you want to use.
This is why Cocoon developers decided to not release a binary version of
cocoon.

> I've Once Upon A Time managed to magically install
> a version of it that runs smoothly but moving the
> developed application to the destined server seems
> not possible.

Try:

./build.sh war

The builded jar you can easily deploy on tomcat.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo