cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.1.3 on WebLogic 8.1: CocoonServlet does not have a d efault constructor
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:51:43 GMT
What about cocoon.roles? Did you bring that in too?

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Dulin [mailto:dulino@olegdulin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 11:42 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Cc: Ralph Goers
Subject: RE: Cocoon 2.1.3 on WebLogic 8.1: CocoonServlet does not have a
d efault constructor

Yes, my sitemap.

Cocoon 2.1.3 WAR appears to work (although I get 404 trying to get to
anything, it seems like cocoon servlet is loaded).

So, I copied everything under WEB-INF from cocoon into my app, and
components from the main sitemap into my sitemap. Still, same problem:

 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.cocoon.components.LifecycleHelper.<init>
(Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger;Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/con
text
/Context;Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/service/ServiceManager;Lorg/apache/ava
lon/
excalibur/component/RoleManager;Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/C
onfi
guration;)V
        at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.util.SimpleServiceSelector.configure(SimpleSe
rviceSelector.java:107)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.datatype.DefaultDatatypeManager.initialize(De
faultDatatypeManager.java:96)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Contai
nerUtil.java:282)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInst
ance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:323)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.init
ialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:141)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.looku
p(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:308)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.lookup(CocoonComp
onentManager.java:315)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.WrapperServiceManager.lookup(Wrap
perServiceManager.java:106)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory$Service
ManagerProxy.lookup(DefaultComponentFactory.java:519)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.JXPathBindingManager.service(JXPathBi
ndingManager.java:89)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.service(Container
Util.java:181)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInst
ance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:298)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.init
ialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:141)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initi
alize(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:554)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(Cocoon
ComponentManager.java:530)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Contai
nerUtil.java:282)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:324)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.ja
va:1352)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:501)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(Servl
etStubImpl.java:993)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
dSubject.java:317)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
118)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:869)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStub
Impl.java:848)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
mpl.java:787)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppS
ervletContext.java:3252)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebApp
ServletContext.java:3197)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAp
pServletContext.java:3174)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setStarted(WebAppServl
etContext.java:5647)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:869)
        at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(J2EEApplicationContainer
..java:2022)
        at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContai
ner.java:2063)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ComponentActivateTask.
activateContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2592)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.doCommit(
SlaveDeployer.java:2515)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.commit(SlaveDeplo
yer.java:2317)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.checkAutoCommit(S
laveDeployer.java:2399)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.prepare(SlaveDepl
oyer.java:2311)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(S
laveDeployer.java:2479)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(Sla
veDeployer.java:798)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDepl
oyer.java:507)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDep
loyer.java:465)
        at
weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHan
dler.java:25)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

<Jan 20, 2004 2:33:54 PM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet:
"Cocoon" fai
led to preload on startup in Web application: "pieditor".
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet class:
'org.apache.cocoon.servlet.Cocoon
Servlet' doesn't have a default constructor
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(Servl
etStubImpl.java:997)