cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Guy Worthington <g...@multiline.com.au>
Subject Re: Can I post to this list, without getting mail
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 06:19:03 GMT
> Martin Stricker wrote:
> > Guy Worthington wrote:

Hello Martin,

> > I'd like to read this mailing list via the mail to news gateway
> > at gmane.org.  So I'd like to be able to post to this list but
> > not receive any mail.  Is this possible?
>
> Send an e-mail to mailto:users-help@cocoon.apache.org (you'll find
> this address in the header of each list e-mail) and read the reply,
> I think there is a command to set your subscription to
> no-mail.

I couldn't find a no-mail option, so I'm off to bother the
mail administrator.

> Please open a new thread for each new question.
> That makes following threads *much* easier. Thank you!

I'm sorry, I can never get the proper balance in an email
composition.  (I think I'm predestined to always get up someone's
nose whenever I send an email.)

> Best regards,

I love that closing, it's just so non-commital.  Of course in writing
a letter, you'd use the closing "yours sincerely
spelt with a small "s"  (you're sincere but not that sincere).  Or
if you're writing an intimate letter "yours faithfully."  But I think
you've invented a new level of unattachment -- the email acquaintance.

I think I'll use that closing from now on and maybe I won't get
into so much trouble.

Best regards,

Guy Worthington