cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Toper <nto...@jouve.fr>
Subject Re: Forrest and dynamic site.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:47:59 GMT
I'm doing already that with the following problem:

I'm making a webapp which works for 30 websites with personnalized and
localized (not langage but content) contents.

Besides some parts are protected or partially protected.

So here is my architecture (I used Forrest Pattern but not Forrest itself).

Site.xml
Sitemap.xmap -> go look in site.xml if the URL exists and then configure and
call a pipeline -> call the pipeline and all the "usual stuff" (navigation,
header, path, and so on).

The advantage of this approach is:
-> site.xml contains the semantic of the website and can event be edited
trough XSL and Cocoon (I'm doing that)
-> sitemap.xmap contains "data type" with skins: what is a list for instance
or a "normal" page: I defined some generic data types; the presentation is
included in these but a skin layer could be introduced.

Are you interedted in that?

Anyway, to answer your question, go look in linkmap.xmap.

Nicolas

PS
If my employer agrees and somebody interested I'll put that code open-source
since it's not high confidentiality code for him
I'm doing the same