cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Showing plain text files with cocoon
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:42:47 GMT
--- Tony Collen <colle006@umn.edu> wrote:
> Tim Larson wrote:
> > I have this problem also (with IE 5.5), but this did not solve it for me.
> > Any other ideas?
>
> AFAIK, MSIE thinks that it "knows better" and generally looks
> at the file extension coming off the server, not the mime-type.
> It's very frustrating to say the least.  Try changing the map:match
> to *.txt and see if that works.

Thanks, but in my case it already is "something.txt".

One other data point: When I get the file was not found message,
it also asks me if I want to create a new file.  If I click yes,
then it creates an empty file.  Clicking on the link after this
procedure succeeds in loading the file without errors.

--Tim Larson