cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Optional authentication
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:27:09 GMT
I have noticed in the sample for the new portal engine
that it by default behind the scenes logs you in as an
annonymous user, which allows to show you some data.
When you log in you have access to portal
pages/portlets based on your permissions.

I supposed this is one way of doing this.

Cheers,
-Alex

--- O.Vobejda@sh.cvut.cz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask, if you have some experiences with
> "optional autenthication". I
> mean, that sites can be viewed without
> authentication (without log in) as well
> as with authentication. But if you are
> authenticated, serverpages script (one
> and the same script) can offer you additional
> informations (for example can
> show you private data etc.). Or aren't there any
> examples? Thanks!
>
> Otmar

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@cocoon.apache.org