cocoon-users mailing list archives

From bajji m <joshua_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: File Upload using cocoon. Unable to catch FilePartFile object from request object
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:12:52 GMT
Hi Stephan,
Thanks for help.
But i am using cocoon 2.0 version. So i do't have enable-uploads tag in my web.xml file.
So according to wikki  document on cocoon 2.0 i followed that document steps.
i thibk  this enable-upload tag was in 2.1 version. so let me the further steps pls.
so how can i proceed it? pls help me?

Regards
bajji

Stephan Coboos <cromosom@gmx.net> wrote:
bajji m wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I am getting into some issues in File uploading part using cocoon framework.
>
>I made changes to web.xml file like this:

upload-directory

E:\upfiles

autosave-uploads

false

overwrite-uploads

rename

upload-max-size

10000000

>So when i submit a request from html with form elemens the selected file was successfully
uploaded to my uploaded dir. But i am trying to catch FilePartFile object in XSP from request
object. But here i am getting null value for FilePartFile object.

>My xsp looks like this:
>-------------------------------
>
>> xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">
> xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">
>

> java.io.File
> java.util.Enumeration
> java.util.Collections
> java.util.Map
> org.apache.cocoon.environment.*
> org.apache.cocoon.components.request.multipart.*
>

> //Request request = ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel);
> System.out.println("1"+request);
> System.out.println("1"+request.get("uploadfile"));
> FilePartFile filePart = (FilePartFile) request.get("uploadfile");
> System.out.println("2");
> File file = ((FilePartFile)filePart).getFile();
> System.out.println("3");
> stem.out.println("3"+filePart.getFilePath());
> System.out.println("file name: "+file.getCanonicalPath());
>
> File...uploaded
>

>I am unable to catch FilePartFile object from request object.
>Pls help me. pls let me know where i am doing wrong.
>
>Thanks
>Joshua

Hello,

1.) Did you set enable-uploads to true in web.xml?
2.) To receive an PartOnDisk-Object you have to set "autosave-upload" to
true in web.xml. Else you will get an object of type PartInMemory.
3.) Why do you use FilePartFile? What is it? Use (Part), PartOnDisk or
PartInMemory instead.
4.) Did you set a form with attributes enctype and action like this?

5.) Have you seen the wiki docs about this subject?
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadsWithCocoon2.1

Hope, this helps.

Regards
Stephan