cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Zohner" <stephanie.zoh...@gmx.at>
Subject ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException!! Bug in Xalan 2.5.1 ?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:22:52 GMT
Hi all,

I get a RunTimeException due to an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at

org.apache.xml.utils.FastStringBuffer.sendNormalizedSAXcharacters(FastStringBuffer.java:1165)
when I apply the following xsl-Template on an XML-Attribute which is
"empty".

<xsl:template match="page">
    <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(@empty-att)"></xsl:value-of>
 </xsl:template>

The corresponing XMl Fragment would be:

<page empty-att=""/>

When I remove the function normalize-space, everything works fine.
When I use an input field, instead of a plain <xsl:value-of/> the resultinh
html page is displayed correctly, without any errors. The XSL-Template looks
then like this:

<xsl:template match="page">
     <input type="text" value="{normalize-space(@empty-att)}"></input>
 </xsl:template>

This is a bug, right? And as far as I can see, the bug is in
org.apache.xml.utils.FastStringBuffer.sendNormalizedSAXcharacters(). However at Apache.org
or Bugzilla I found no hint that this bug exists. This is strange, because
what I do here is very common, in my opinion.

Has anyone "caught" the same Exception and does anyone know if threre are
already bug fixes available?

Thanks,

Stephanie

P.S.: I use Cocoon 2.1.2 and 2.1.3, the error occurs in both releases

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail