cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Woody: Obtaining selection list label in flow
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:02:23 GMT
On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 19:45, Litrik De Roy wrote:
> All,
>
> Does anybody know how to get access to the labels of a selection list
> when using Woody in combination with flow? When my 'country' selection
> list returns "BE" I would like to get the original label "Belgium".
>
> The class Form has a method generateLabel() but it is used to generate
> SAX events.

And that will generate the label of the form, not of the selected item
in the selection list.

My suggestion to do this would be to manage the selection list data in
your own data structure (in the flow), set that on the selectionlist
using the FlowJXPathSelectionList (there are samples on that), and
afterwards you can then lookup the "BE" key in your original data
structure to map it to its label.

With the current Woody API I don't think there are any other options.