cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Iain McNally" <iain.mcna...@changingworlds.com>
Subject Re: [Help]sub-sitemaps throwing NullPointerException after edit of main sitemap!
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:55:43 GMT
I'm using vi to open and save the file.
I don't think it's anything to do with the actual change to the sitemap
itself,  it's some configuration to do with sitemap reloading perhaps?
There are xsl transforms in the sub sitemaps.Couldthey be somehow be getting
"Lost"?
Thanks for the help, very appreciated.
Iain

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Toper" <ntoper@jouve.fr>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Help]sub-sitemaps throwing NullPointerException after edit of
main sitemap!

It's weird b/c the exception is in the XSLT process and if I remember right
Cocoon doesn't use it for the sitemap...

Have you looked at the size in bits of the old and new files?

 It looks like be an encoding problem. Which editor are you using to open
it?

Le Lundi 05 Janvier 2004 18:38, Iain McNally a écrit :
> >>What did you do to the main sitemap?
>
> I just open it and then save it.No actual changes to the sitemap.
> Just the process of opening the file and saving it causes this to happen.
> To fix it I usually have to "touch" the sub-sitemap in question, which is
> not really an option in the day to day use of the application.

org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(X

> > > LTProcessorImpl.java:295)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(X

> > > LTProcessorImpl.java:239)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:
> > > 298)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.setupPipeline(A

> > > stractEventPipeline.java:215)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.setup(CachingEve

> > > tPipeline.java:278)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.generateKey(Cach

> > > ngEventPipeline.java:141)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(Caching

> > > treamPipeline.java:317)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.www.test.sitemap_xmap.matchd0e123(/home/o2uk/jakarta-tomc

t-4.0.6/work/Standalone/localhost/ndm/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/te

org.apache.cocoon.www.test.sitemap_xmap.process(/home/o2uk/jakarta-tomcat-4

> >.

0.6/work/Standalone/localhost/ndm/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/test/s

org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchd0e610(/home/o2uk/jakarta-tomcat-4.

> >0

.6/work/Standalone/localhost/ndm/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap

org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(/home/o2uk/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/

ork/Standalone/localhost/ndm/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xma

> > > .java:3821)
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(/home/o2uk/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/

ork/Standalone/localhost/ndm/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xma

> > > .java:3709)
> > >  at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:224)
> > >  at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
> > >  at
>
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154)
>
> > >  at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:575)
> > >  at
> >
> > org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)
> >
> > >  at

com.changingworlds.nav.devicemanager.DeviceManager.service(DeviceManager.ja

> > > a:92)
> > >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applicatio

> > > FilterChain.java:247)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterC

> > > ain.java:193)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.j

> > > va:243)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 66)
> > >  at

> > >  at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.j

> > > va:190)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 66)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:
> >2
> >
> > > 46)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 64)
> > >  at

> > >  at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>
> > >  at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347
>
> > >) at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:18

> >0
> >
> > > )
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 66)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve

> >.
> >
> > > java:170)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 64)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:17

> >0
> >
> > > )
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 64)
> > >  at
>
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
>
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 64)
> > >  at

> > >  at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.jav

> > > :174)
> > >
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
> >5
> >
> > > 66)
> > >  at

> > >  at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>
> > >  at

> > > 1027)
> > >  at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:112

> >5
> >
> > > )
> > >  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
> > > Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> > >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTemplates(XSLTProces