cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jay" <hod...@reddshell.com>
Subject RE: Session Lost between Tomcat and Cocoon
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:56:04 GMT
I tried two things:

1) Adding the following into my Tomcat server.xml
        <Context docBase="/opt/cocoon/build/webapp" path="cocoon"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>
But when I try to hit
	http://localhost:8080/cocoon
I get a 404 error:
	type Status report

	message /cocoon

	description The requested resource (/cocoon) is not available.

2) Copying /opt/cocoon/build/webapp to /opt/tomcat/webapps/cocoon

But when I tried starting tomcat in this manner it complains about XML
parsing stuff.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 4:51 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Session Lost between Tomcat and Cocoon

Ah, you even don't have Cocoon running in your Tomcat instance? Bad
Thing.

Jetty is not "under the hood". Jetty is the big thing, the servlet
container and Cocoon is deployed in it. The same can be done in Tomcat,
e.g. by setting a context in Tomcat's server.xml pointing to Cocoon's
webapp dir, copying this webapp dir to Tomcat's webapp dir and as third
doing "build war" and deploying the war into Tomcat.

Joerg