cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jay" <hod...@reddshell.com>
Subject RE: Session Lost between Tomcat and Cocoon
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:38:50 GMT
With Cocoon 2.1 it looks like they've intentionally separated themselves
from Tomcat and have Jetty "under the hood". I didn't even see a way to
run Cocoon inside of Tomcat as before.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 4:39 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Session Lost between Tomcat and Cocoon

So you don't have your servlet connected to Cocooon, but you do an
independent request from the client. Then it's obvious that the session
is lost.

I'm not the servlet expert, but the sessions are managed by the
container, aren't they? This means you can have the same session in two
servlets. And so you only have to add the sessionid to the your link
when you call Cocoon:

http://192.1.1.1:8888/proj/ReportT01.pdf;jsessionid=12345?clientId=10

Joerg

On 14.01.2004 15:58, Jay wrote:

> To call Cocoon we simply do a:
>
> window.open(loc,'repWindow',config='height=400,width=800,location=no,s
> ta

tus=no,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,directories=no
> ')
> 	where loc is something like
> 		http://192.1.1.1:8888/proj/ReportT01.pdf?clientId=10
>
> The sitemap then looks like: