cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Hoskens" ...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject Action execution in sitemap
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:47:08 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to do the following:

<map:match...>
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="do-evaluation.xsp">
            some parameters
    </map:generate>
    <map:transform type="write-source"/>
    <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
    <map:act type="serverpages" src="actions/copy-clear.xsp">
            some parameters
       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:act>
   <map:redirect-to uri="Fault"/>
</map:match>

The do-evaluation.xsp contains
    1) tags to insert a piece of xml in a document
    2) an include to a pipeline that constructs a pdf from that xml document

The action copy-clear.xsp does:
    1) copy the two documents: xml document that was changed by write-source
and the generated pdf
    2) delete the directory structure that contained the two documents in
their first stage

I always get redirected to my Fault page. It seems that the action is
executed first and tries to find the pdf. It can of course not find it(it
wasn't created yet), throws a ResourceNotFound exception, exits the action
and goes directly to the Fault pipeline.

I thought that pipelines were executed top-to-bottom. Am I completely wrong
in my interpretation of pipelines?

I can do a workaround/solve this issue by using an action to copy the xml
and clear, and then inserting and generating the pdf. But I'd rather not
delete the directory in an early stage and loose the information in that
directory that was used to create the xml before everything was executed
correctly.

Greetings,

Jan